Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I once was lost, but now I'm found!

"...the word of God came to John, son of Zechariah, in the desert. He went into all the country around the Jordan preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins."
-Luke 3:2-3


it's the baptizing of your life into a constant state of repentance and receiving of our glorious Father's forgiveness (to die to yourself and be raised to life with Christ Jesus). being made holy and righteous, being sanctified thru and thru. a precious cleansing thru the blood of Christ! this is obviously different from the baptism of the Holy Spirit...
"I baptize you with water. But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire." - Luke 3:16

No comments: