Sunday, October 25, 2009

God, the inventor of mercy

i'm thankful my Father forgives me and has patience with me. the heart is a place of great love and evil things. so quick to fail yet so eager to be strengthened. i am so in need of the patience, grace, and mercy of Jesus. i fail time and time again and slander and gossip and hold bitterness. but the Lord pulls me out of the pit. He saves me and rescues me from the evil that tries to kill me and convince me that He doesn't love me. i am thankful for who God is. He is light (1 john). He is pure light. and Hallelujah! the truth is He loves me. You love me. when men hate me You love me. when i sin He is merciful and compassionate and loving enough to correct me and not leave me in my current place to die. when man can't forgive me and his patience has run out the Lord is still standing with arms wide open to me. I am thankful for who You are, God. my heart is refreshed when i'm reminded of Your love and the intimacy You desire with me.

"And the Lord passed before him and proclaimed, 'The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin..."
-exodus 33:6-7

No comments: